I have decided after today’s failed attempt at Skype that it is best that i simply create a virtual classroom fr the Pre – IGCSE students on a blog, as i do with my AS Level students.
Please make sure you are all following me – in order to get automatic updated feeds….
So let us start from the beginning:
Welcome to Pre -IGCSE Level English Language!
- First things first: I do expect thoughtful, intelligent imaginative, coherent and original work at all times…if you feel your English is not up to par, please take the time to work on it
- It is absolutely imperative that you set up a blog for YOURSELF. This blog (the URL) will be submitted to me at least once a week, with a piece of writing of your choice – if you have writers block – let me know….if you can’t think of a topic…let me know….if you hate English and the thought of writing….let me know….if you are brilliant at English…let me know also….In fact the more I know the easier my task of preparing you for Cambridge English
- In order to assist as you require it, please can you download Skype, add me as a contact: bronwyn7007
- Please note that I RARELY tutor in the afternoon as I find it disruptive to my administration of CL Education, so do try always get hold of me in the morning
What I expect:
- That you write (a lot)
- That you write with logic and coherency
- That you use punctuation effectively and with ease
- That you know your grammar rules when writing
- That you create meaning in the context of writing
- That you think with imagination and creatively
- THAT YOU ARE ORIGINAL!
- THAT YOUR WRITING IS ORIGINAL!
- That your writing is sincere!
- That your writing is disciplined!
What else do I expect:
- That you read
- That you have a dictionary and actually look up the meaning of words
- That you are passionate about and for something…without a passion (not necessarily English) you will be dull and dreary and inconsistent….
- (Of course I would love it if you were as enamoured with Poetry as I was – but, as that is not a prerequisite for this course I don’t expect it in the least!)
I do hope you enjoy the course as much as i very passionately love teaching it!